Air transportation activities lined up

Mateo likes everything vehicle-related. He wants to ride the bus, train, car, taxi, and van. He likes to play "coin cars" (arcade cars where you put coins to make them move). He likes to play with his toy cars, making them go up and down his makeshift ramp. He likes me to make him paper airplane and make them fly. He's excited to ride the plane to go home this December. He even likes construction vehicles/equipment, but I'm not going to focus on that for now.


Since I want to expand his play experience beyond his toy cars without having to buy new toys, I've searched and lined up a few vehicle-related activities. They're supposedly educational as well (STEM, go ask Google about it), but I primarily chose these activities for being simple to prepare with materials readily available and for being probably fun for the kid.



Aside from our usual paper airplane, here are the activities I've lined up. I'm not sure if they're technically "air transport," but they fly so it's good enough.

1. Paper helicopter

I like Babble Dabble Do's tutorial. I have already made two helicopters just because I'm curious and excited.

Ready for tomorrow. I want to show Mateo how to fold the paper helicopter before playing with it.

2. Toy parachute

I intend to follow or take inspiration from two sources: Zakka Life and Mama Smiles.

3. Straw rockets

I have three inspirations for this. I like to follow Simple Play Ideas' tutorial for being really simple. Yet, I want to make it a bit fancy, and for that Buggy and Buddy provides a free rocket template. I also want Frugal Fun's concept, although I'm not sure if I'd be patient enough to do the fins. I will make my own version from those three tutorials.

I don't plan to make them all at once. Just do one, let him play, and when he gets tired of it, move on.

No comments