The products that I love to use
Human Nature Balancing Face Toner
What I like about it:
It has a mild smell, does not sting my eyes, and seems to help control oiliness in my skin. And it is really inexpensive (Php 184.75 for 200 ml), which is what I like the most. For that price, and since it works, I'm not going to look for something else in the foreseeable future.
Bonus:
100% no harmful chemicals.
Dislikes:
Significantly more expensive in Singapore (where I'm based) at $10.90 + shipping. There was a time when I stopped using it because we were going home soon and I knew I could get it cheaper there. Yes, I'm that kuripot.
Wild Products Vitamin C Ester Facial Creme
What I like about it:
Value for money. Since I felt like my skin looked dull, I wanted something that brightens. I've read that vitamin C is good, and I thought why not use a moisturizer that already has that goodie in it. Finding one in my price range was difficult, though. So when I found this product at $24, I gave it a try and liked it. The 50 ml bottle lasted for about four months.
I think this product works for me. There is a considerable difference in my skin and complexion when I stopped using it for about a week (I was not able to buy a new bottle right away). Or maybe that's what happens when you use a regular lotion as moisturizer, even if it's Physiogel. ;)
Bonus:
Made with 88% organic ingredients.
Dislikes:
None so far. Although if I find a comparable product within my price range, I'd give that one a try.
The "just okay" products
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Pure Active
What I like about it:
Its price, $5.90 for 125 ml. Since I only use it occasionally, that's a great deal. I use it only when I put on make up, which is mostly on weekends when I'm not being lazy.
Bonus:
While I'm fond of shopping online, this one's a drugstore brand that I can simply buy next door (or mall).
Dislikes:
Sometimes I can definitely tell that it contains alcohol, which is a bit strong for my liking. For its price, though, I'll bear with it. I just have to finish the bottle.
DIY honey lemon scrub
What I like about it:
It's very cheap. I use ingredients readily available in our kitchen: lemon or calamansi juice, sugar, and honey. I'll share my recipe in the future when I can confidently say it works for me, or at least not an added nuisance to my routine.
Bonus:
It's totally non-toxic and edible.
Dislikes:
It needs to be prepared beforehand. I'm still contemplating if it's worth the effort. I only use this twice a week at most, anyway.
Extra
Human Nature Acne Defense Solution Gel
This is an item that I wish I am not using. However, pimples always find their way to my face. I have no choice but to use it if I want to make them go away.
This acne gel is a mild product that works only if you use it at the first sign of pimple breakout. One or two days late, and this will be ineffective against those zits. Fortunately, pimples do not bother me so much to make me try the stronger alternatives in the market. Or again, I'm just too confident about my looks.
Still in hunt for other products
Facial wash is the most basic skincare product and yet finding the one that I like has been too challenging for me. I'd like to think I finally found the facial wash to love. I'll talk more about it next time, plus the not so common items, eye cream and sunblock.
I am excited to finish this series. I'll post the last part soon, so check back again, okay?
---
Disclosure: I am not in any way earning from this particular post and product features. I just like to share what works for me.
I am excited to finish this series. I'll post the last part soon, so check back again, okay?
---
Disclosure: I am not in any way earning from this particular post and product features. I just like to share what works for me.




No comments