Finding the skincare routine that works (Part 3)

Finding the skincare routine that suits me hasn't been very easy, but I think I'm finally close to hit the right one. In part 1, I gave an overview of my ideal skincare routine. Then, I've talked about the products that I use and love in my previous post. Now, I will write about the ones that have eluded me so far (at least at the start of writing this series).
Finding the skincare routine that works (Part 3)  [Stock photo from Pixabay]  ||  A Good Abad


Finding the right ones

Facial cleanser

At the start of this series, I honestly did not have a facial cleanser that I truly like. The ones I've used before were okay, but I was looking for more.

This is the most basic step, so it should be really good. I wanted something so good that it's okay not to use masks or peels or serums or essences. I really think it starts with keeping my face clean. Caveat though: I was on a budget. I did not give enough value to cleansers because it wasn't a priority then.

Then I made a big leap and bought an expensive one. No regrets. Less than two weeks using the product and I'm hooked. What is it? Ta dah!

ageLoc LumiSpa (Normal/Combo)

What I like about it:

It totally cleans my face, but gentle enough to use twice daily. Almost removed all of my whiteheads (I have no issues with blackheads).

Bonus:

I can potentially earn from it.

What I dislike about it:

It is pricey. I rarely splurge, so it's quite a big deal even if it will potentially save me money from trips to a dermatologist (which I never do, by the way).

Now, on to the products that are still elusive.

The elusive ones

Eye Cream

A good eye cream that's promising is really expensive. I'm not yet ready to shell out money for this product even if I need it. I wear eyeglasses, which makes my eye area more prone to damages. At the same time, I wear eyeglasses so I can somehow pretend that my eye area isn't so bad.

As an alternative, I'm planning to make a DIY eye cream made from vitamin E oil and coconut oil from the simplest recipe I can find on Pinterest.

Sunblock

Another tricky product is the sunblock. Picky as I am, I want a physical sunblock within an affordable price range. You'd think that's easy to find in a tropical country, but NO. I can only find seemingly good ones in online stores.

I have tried Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Dry-Touch Sunscreen. It's good, blends well with my skin, but it gave me a breakout. Then I tried Human Nature's SafeProtect SPF 30 Sunscreen for Babies & Kids, which is 100% natural. Too oily and I hate the smell, I don't think I could use it longer even if just for Mateo.

I'll try Sunright SPF 35 next, and I hope it will suit me. It's a physical sunblock that suits kids and adults alike.

I'll write about my skincare routine again when I'm not experimenting with products anymore. I hope it will just take a month or two.

Finding the skincare routine that works (Part 3)  [Stock photo from Pixabay]  ||  A Good Abad

Care to share your products and routine?

---
Disclosure: I do not earn from featuring products on this page, though I am a NuSkin distributor.

No comments